Following is a statement from the Irish Council Against Blood Sports that features on its website (www.banbloodsports.com):
A hunting group has acknowledged that bloodsports continue to be "very much under threat" in Ireland. A spokesperson for the Hunting Association of Ireland said that hunting activities are in danger even though the Green Party is no longer represented in government.
In a 2011 newsletter, HAI chairman, Donal Boyle, stated: "Many may feel with the demise of the Green influence in government that the danger has receded, but nothing could be further from the truth."
He stressed that hunting is "very much under threat from those who oppose our sport".
Please continue supporting the ICABS campaign and helping to increase the threat to hunting until it is finally banned.
How you can increase the threat to hunting
Get active today and help bring hunting to an end in Ireland.
- Demand that your local Dail representatives act to bring blood sports to an end. If your local TD is pro-bloodsports, tell him/her that you will not be voting for them at the next election.
- If you are a landowner, make your land strictly off-limits to hunts. Encourage all your neighbours to do the same. Find out more on our Landowners page. If a hunt trespasses on your land, contact the Gardai.
- Write a letter to your local newspapers to highlight the cruelty of hunting
- Support ICABS - make a donation now by clicking on the Paypal button at www.banbloodsports.com
- Set up a local wildlife group to educate others about the beauty of wildlife and the need for it to be protected
- Boycott any company that associates with hunting
- Monitor hunts in your area and provide us with any photographs or video you capture
- Set up an information stand at your school/library/youth group/adult group to highlight the cruelty of blood sports
write a comment